Thursday 9 October 2014

EGG NOODLE

My the other half requested that I get a packet of yellow noodle to go with the left over prawn noodle soup I cooked the other day. Oh my..he  just love to eat noodle. I was very lazy to go to the market just for the packet of noodle. So I decided to make it. I made the noodle from scratch without using pasta/noodle making machine.

EGG NOODLES


Ingredients

150 g of all purpose flour
1egg
Pinch of salt
2 tbsp of water

Method

1. Sieve flour and salt into a mixing bowl.
2. Add in the egg. Mix to form dough, add water if it is too dry.
3. Rest dough for half an hour.
4. Roll out the dough into thin sheet. Cut the dough into thin strips.
5. Blanch the noodle in hot boiling water until noodle is well cook.
6. Transfer noodle into a basin of ice cold water.
7. Drain and mix few drops of olive oil with the noodle to prevent sticking
8. Keep noodle for further use.

 I used kampong egg.









   The end product! 200 g of freshly prepared noodles. More than enough for him to eat with that   
    remnant soup.

   Cheers and have a nice day. Happy cooking and enjoy eating everyone !





{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252 {\fonttbl\f0\fswiss\fcharset0 Helvetica;} {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;\red255\green255\blue255;} \deftab720 \pard\pardeftab720\sl280\partightenfactor0 \f0\fs36 \cf2 \cb3 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0 \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 Flag Counter}






No comments:

Post a Comment